NEYA by XS laboratory centrifuges: generally used to quickly isolate materials that settle quickly (cells, nuclei, nucleic acids or proteins, etc.), they guarantee an excellent treatment of your sample.
Among the relevant characteristics of this family:
- Centrifuge tubes with relatively small volumes (from 1.5 / 2 up to 175 ml)
- Speed ??around from 6000 rpm up to 16000 rpm
- Housing both fixed angle and oscillating rotors
Types of rotor
The rotors supplied with the NEYA by XS laboratory centrifuges mainly used are divided into:
- Angular or fixed angle, in which the particles, moving radially under the influence of the centrifugal field, meet the wall of the test tube and slide on it to the bottom forming a small and compact sediment. The tubes are housed in slots inclined at a fixed angle, between 15 and 40°. The path traveled by the particles is short, sedimentation is rapid and occurs at high speeds.
- Oscillating or variable angle rotors in which the test tubes containing the sample, which at rest are in a vertical position, assume a horizontal position during centrifugation, perpendicular to the rotation axis. During deceleration, they return to their original position.
The sediment is deposited in the center of the tube and the phase boundaries are formed horizontally. Variable angle rotors are used when larger quantities of liquids need to be centrifuged at medium speed.
In addition to a wide selection of rotors and test tubes, the NEYA by XS Centrifuges family consists of 5 models:
- NEYA 8: with a maximum speed of 6000 rpm
- NEYA 10 Professional: with a maximum speed of 6000 rpm and RCF that can be set up to 4800 xg (depending on the rotor housed)
- NEYA 10 R Professional: All the above features, in the refrigerated version (-10°C to + 40°C). "Precool" function for rapid cooling of the inner chamber
- NEYA 16 High Speed: with a maximum speed of 16000 rpm and RCF that can be set up to 21000 xg (depending on the rotor housed)
- NEYA 16 R High Speed: All the above features, in the refrigerated version (-10 ° C to + 40 ° C). "Precool" function for rapid cooling of the inner chamber
To complete the line, with a maximum speed of 5250 rpm and a maximum RCF of 4280 xg, the R-5S+ model ensures extreme intuitiveness with just a few commands.